Children saw some spiders on the playground as well as in the dining room in May. They were very excited to see them and they kept talking about spiders for the whole day. We wanted to extend their interest, so during mat time we read lots of stories relating to spiders like “Old woman and spiders’
They were also engaged in various other activities:
- Older Children did lots of drawing relating to spiders.
- Children discussed with teachers about what spiders eat and how they catch insects for food.
- Children painted spiders by joining both the hands and dipping them in the black paints
- 4 year olds also made spiders with card board and attached them with pipe cleaners. They enjoyed making cardboard spiders and creating books about spiders
- Tried making spider webs using the thread and strings